Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Skiing

So, on Saturday, my brother, Michael, graciously offered to watch Elli for us all day while we went skiing. It was my first time skiing since college. Needless to say, I was nervous. We went to Ski Liberty up in PA, near Emmitsburg, MD. It was so much fun. I took a few runs on the bunny slopes and then gradually got the nerve to take the lift to the top of the mountain. I only had one spill where I lost a ski. I have to say that Daniel is SO good at snowboarding. I thought he would have been so awkward because of his height and center of gravity being so high. But, he was so good. I was so IMPRESSED. And I am not just saying this because he is my husband.


We went with our friends Mike and Ellen and I am going to post a few pictures of us getting ready to go to the lodge. I thought I would be really sore today, since I haven't skied since 1999. But, I feel pretty good today. Tomorrow I probably won't be able to walk...well worth it. I would like to go skiing a few more times this season...we'll see.


One thing that I did notice was how many little kids there were on the mountain and I can't wait until Elli is 3 so we can take her with us. I saw so many cute little girls with their pink skis and helmets and pink polka-dot snowsuits...so adorable...


Anyway, that was our weekend. Today we are just lounging around watching football.


My grandmother, Nana, is back at home and is doing well. She goes back to the doctor on Tuesday to get checked out, but she said that she can move her leg. For those of you that don't know, she had a spill a few weeks ago and broke her left hip and left wrist. She had surgery on both and left the hospital only after a week. She is 90 and doing great. I can't wait to see her again. Elli and I try to visit her and my grandfather, Pop-Pop, at least once a week.


On another note, I stopped breastfeeding about two weeks ago and started charting my basal body temperature in the mornings. Hopefully, I will either get my visitor soon or be preggo again! I will keep you all posted!

No comments: