Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The brief history of how we became The Oxendine Family

How Daniel and I met, it was fate:
Daniel and I met on a cold Friday in February (6th to be exact), 2004 at BWI airport. We were both traveling to Tampa, FL to visit friends - I was visiting Emily and Daniel was travelling to see Shireen, Micki, etc. for the Gasparilla Festival. I hate to fly so I, of course, headed straight to the bar to have a drink to calm my nerves. I started talking to an older gentlemen sitting next to me at the bar about Tampa, Daniel was sitting next to him and joined the conversation shortly after that. I bought him a shot of tequilla and then we ended up sitting next to each other on the plane. It was the best plane ride of my life. Daniel had taken my disposable camera and started taking pictures with everyone on the plane, he was the life of the party and I knew he was the man for me! We traded phone numbers on the plane and I never really expected to see him again while I was in Florida. On Saturday night, we ended up going to this bar called Jerome's and I found Daniel. I ran up to him and as soon as he saw me he picked me up and gave me a huge kiss. Then he said, "let's go dance." He was the best dancer I had ever seen. It was so much fun. Then we had dinner and ended up talking to hours. I didn't leave Tampa until Monday, but when I got back we had our first date. He came over and I cooked dinner for him and here we are today.
How Daniel Proposed:
We were on the way to the airport on a Thursday morning and when I got to the check-in counter I had forgotten the tickets at home. I had to rush back to the house, get the tickets and get back to the airport. Daniel and I had to run to catch the plane to Denver which was our connection to San Diego. When we got to Denver, we stopped in the http://www.cowboybar.com/ to get something to eat before our next flight. I was wearing another ring on the finger where an engagement ring was supposed to go. He asked what I had on and why I was wearing that. I gave him a smart comment and he said, "well, why don't you try this on." I stared at the gorgeous ring - laughing and crying, and I didn't hear him ask me to marry him, so after I stopped crying, I said, "well, aren't you going to ask me?" He said he already had, but he asked again. It was very sweet and I was very surprised.
Our Wedding:
We had our dream wedding in September 2006 in Queenstown, MD. I wanted to have a big wedding with all our family and friends. We had around 250 people, a HUGE 10-piece band, open bar with all the top shelf liquor and more fun than I could have imagined. It was a whole weekend event!
Honeymoon:
We took 10 days off after the wedding and went to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. It was wonderful, relaxing, so much fun! We fished, road on ATVs, and danced.
Return to real-life:
Upon our return from our Honeymoon, we found out that I was expecting. Great timing!!!
Elli Marie:
Elli was born on a Wednesday night, June 20, 2007. I was 10 days late and had to be induced. But after only 11 hours of labor, out she came. Elli weighed 8.98 pounds and was 20.5 inches long. She had a full head of dark brown hair.

No comments: