Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Thursday, August 19th

I had such a good day yesterday. First, we had a GREAT day with Miss Kandy from Infants and Toddler's program with Hank. Hank is a little delayed in his speech, but he comprehends everything. We were referred at his 15 month appointment. I kind of put a lot of the blame - not that there is blame - on myself for not noticing sooner, but I really am starting to notice now since Jake is starting to babble and say noises. Hank didn't do that...

Anyway, yesterday, Hank had a lot more attention and he actually spontaneously signed the word, "HELP" on his own. Seriously, I almost cried. In September, Hank will start school at Little Puddle Jumpers, we will also be going to a "Playgroup" with the ITP once a week. I am pretty excited about this.

I scheduled Elli for her surgery to get her tonsils and adenoids taken out. While at her sleep study she had 19 obstructive episodes, the longest lasting around 18 seconds. So, with the history of children dying in their sleep that runs in my family, it was a no-brainer that I was 100% behind her getting the surgery. It makes me nervous that she had ANY sleep apnea episodes. Elli's surgery is scheduled for September 17th. I had the option for September 3rd, but

So, then I got my stickers for my suburban so I can drive onto the Naval Academy. Then took the kids downtown to see the boats and play on the playground across from the Marriott.

It was a good day.

No comments: