Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 28, 2010


First, I can't believe that our 10-year reunion is less than 2 weeks away. We had a big meeting last night to talk about what last minute things that need to be done. I have to say that Lauren has been such a great coordinator....and John - he is born to be a party planner.

I had the WORST experience yesterday at California Pizza Kitchen. First, I have all three kids with me. It was around lunch time and they probably were tired. It took them at least 30 minutes for us to get seated. Then, our waitress took FOREVER to get our order in. Hank was hungry and started screaming. Screaming is an understatement. I had never seen him act like this before. I don't know what happened...he was uncontrollably crying and screaming. People were looking at him, me and I was starting to get embarrassed (which doesn't happen easily). Well, to make matters worse, the server came up and said to me, "some customers are starting to complain about your son's screaming." I am lucky that I kept my cool, but I was FURIOUS. How about you make a bad situation worse. She obviously didn't have children. So, our food has still not shown up yet. It was so freaking horrible. And, I felt bad for everyone that I was trying to enjoy a day out for lunch with - Ellen, Mary, Brady and Katie. So, I said to the server, "I'm sorry that it's disturbing other customers, but I am a paying customer as well and if people don't like it, they can leave." If she just did her job and bring our food out than I guess we wouldn't even be having the discussion. I finally asked to speak to the manager. She was inappropriate saying something to me. What did she want me to do, leave? At this time our food had just come out. So, when the manager came over, I explained to her that I was sorry that my son was causing a little commotion, but he is 2. I said that I didn't understand why the server would say something to me. I told her that I felt very uncomfortable and she just made everything worse. Well, I asked if she could pack up my food, and the kids food because we were leaving. She gave us 50% off of our bill and I never had to see the server again. It was just SO AWKWARD. She was a TERRIBLE server. She rolled her eyes when I asked for more water. It was just terrible. I told the manager that I didn't wish anything bad upon the server, but maybe she could show a little more compassion or understanding when it comes to customers with kids. I was glad I said something in the end, but was completely embarrassed and felt bad for my friends.

Anyway, on to other things going on in our life. This is the last weekend we have before our schedule gets SUPER CRAZY!!! I hope to get out and ride our bikes this weekend and possibly go swimming if the weather is nice. Next week is September 1st, I can't believe it. Seriously, I say this all the time, but where does time go?

Labor day weekend - we have a wedding on the 4th for Daniel's cousin. We are missing the Annual Woods Badminton Tournament, which makes me sad because we had so much fun last year. Then on Sunday, we have the bag packing party at our house. So, this week, I need to get the money for the Sam's club run and go buy the stuff - hand sanitizer, sunscreen, bug spray, highlighters, sharpies, pain reliever, etc.

September 6th is Labor day and Navy plays Maryland. Not sure if we are going to the game or not. It might be too much for us considering that week is the start of the reunion. Elli then starts school on the 7th - yeah! I get so spoiled with her going from 9-3:15 and Camp is only 9-1. So, I feel like I don't get much time to run errands with just the boys. The great thing is that Hank will be starting school on September 28th and I could not be more excited for him!

I am taking time off of work in order to be available for the reunion. That week is also my grandfather's 90th birthday. I am hoping to celebrate with him on his birthday which is the 8th.

After the reunion, we don't slow down at all...the following week we have Elli's surgery to have her tonsils removed on the 17th of September. I am very nervous about her going under for her surgery...maybe Daniel will be the one to watch it...She will be out of commission for a week and will have to miss school. She will also miss her cousin Aidan's birthday party and Payton's birthday party.

Then, the weekend after Elli's surgery, I am hosting my friend Siobhan's baby shower - I have already been working on this. Pretty excited!!!

So, just a few things going on in our life right now. I am super excited for the reunion. I weighed in this week at 151, for a total of 31 pounds that I have lost since March. 151 is 1 pound off my wedding weight and I am setting my goal at 145. Half way between college weight and wedding weight. Maybe I will go lower, but right now, 145 is the number. I think I also lost some of my boobs which is a good thing in my mind, not sure how Daniel feels about that, but they still are not small and still bigger than I would like them to be:)

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

No comments: