Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Virus', more sleep studies, work, and more...

Wow....we have been BUSY!!!  First, around Valentine's Day we were overcome with a nasty virus in our house.  Jake got it the worst.  We (Daniel & I) were supposed to go away for the long weekend in February, but since I spent the entire Friday before the weekend in the doctors office with Jake and then with Hank.  Jake had a 103.5 fever, a nasty cough and all the kids had gross noses.  Jake ended up having RSV - respiratory synchytial virus.  I had to give him a nebulizer treatment in the doctor's office which was HORRIBLE.  I had to hold his arms, his head and hold the neb mask on his face all at the same time.  Meanwhile, Elli was taking pictures of it on my phone...needless to say it was a miserable experience.  Luckily, we didn't have to do the nebulizer anymore...they gave us an inhaler which was not as bad.  The older kids had the same virus, but it didn't affect them as badly as it did Jake.

Jake had his 15 month check-up and the doctor discovered that he also has very large tonsils and he was only about 22 pounds.  This might not be a concern for some, but my older two were 20 pounds at 6 months old.  So, Jake is my little peanut, but his tonsils might be why he chews food up and spits it out.  It may be why he snores and is a very restless sleeper.  So, we saw Dr. Som at Annapolis ENT and he suggested a sleep study be done.  So, we have an appointment on April 14th up at Mt. Washington Pediatric hospital.  It is somewhere north of Baltimore...fun times...I cannot see Jake cooperating as good as Elli did with her sleep study, but we'll see.

Hank is talking so much more...it is amazing how much he has improved over the last 6 months.  This is bittersweet.  I have a feeling that we will get kicked out of the Infants and Toddlers Program in May when he gets his year evaluation.  I am so proud of him, but I will so miss Kandy and the rest of the girls that help her.  It has been such a wonderful program.

Elli is mimicking everything I say and do...it makes me be a little more aware of what I am saying and how I am saying it.  She has been so sweet at times and she and Hank have taken very well to their new schedule and routine.  They have been on a new night time routine since January/February.  I made them a chart with times and pictures and they get excited to go to bed and read stories.  It is so wonderful.  Elli can read Good Night Moon back to me....I love that book - we read it every night.

Work has been good lately.  We lost one contract which we kind of knew was coming for the last 6 months...but I am getting on some new projects and doing some very interesting stuff.  OPNAV N87 is our primary customer and they really like the work we are doing....so that is great!  I just hope there really isn't going to be a government shut down anytime soon, but I have enough leave saved up for me to be off for a month.

I can not wait for spring!!!  I can't wait to ride bikes and get out of the house.  I got elected to our community Board.  So far it isn't taking that much time, but I still haven't found what role I am going to play yet.  I am just getting to know some of the people in the neighborhood. 

I have also been getting a little more involved in helping with a non-profit called Got Your Back Network (GYBN).  My friend, Andy, started the non-profit to help families, spouses and children of those who have lost loved ones in the military.  So, they are partnering with Zooma and having a race in June in Annapolis, which I have volunteered to help out with.  Should be a good time.  I love to plan events, parties, etc!

Anyway, plans have already started for Elli's 4th birthday party which isn't until June....I'm a little crazy - we all know this...she says she wants a princess party - but I am trying to find something a little different - maybe hire a princess to come to the party or I can do the face painter again...I don't know...we shall see:)

Anyway, just wanted to catch everyone up....sorry that I have been gone for so long.  Life has just been so crazy!!!

No comments: