Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Almost done!

So, I am almost all done with my Christmas cards...I stayed up last night making labels to put on the back of the envelope with the address of our/my blog.  I used to do a Christmas letter and LOVE reading everyone else's...really, I love getting the Christmas cards with letters...but I think that the blog serves as a year-long letter and since I am not as diligent as I should be there aren't that many posts:)

Well it has been about 3 weeks since my last update and LOTS has been going on.  Jake has started walking....he is still my little peanut, but he is getting to be a big boy.  Hank had his 6 month evaluation with the Infants and Toddler Program (ITP).  And, Elli had her first birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.  Daniel and I got away for a few days (sans kids thanks to my MIL) to Florida to see Megan Welsh and Jeremy Chayer tie the knot in Fort Lauderdale.  It was SOOOO so so so much fun!  I have LOTS of pictures, and luckily I brought my camera to piece together the nights that were a little fuzzy:)

The weight loss is going great - I hit 36 pounds and am not really TRYING to lose anymore...but would like to get down to 140, which is a few more pounds away.  I am really happy where I am now, but I am stuck on that stupid number.  ugh!  I am going to try a low fat stuffing to bring to Thanksgiving dinner....I want to try it out first here though....we'll see how that goes!  I love stuffing and I LOVE it when it cooks in the bird, but that is the fattest way to cook it:(

This year for Thanksgiving, we are staying here.  We usually make the trek down to Lumberton, NC to Daniel's parents house, but this year is my Godfather, Uncle Diz's, 60th birthday on Thanksgiving Day.  And, our family (mom's side) has strayed away from getting together on Thanksgiving because everyone is all over the place and everyone has done their own thing, so it's nice that we will all be together - even Brendan is coming into town from LA and bringing Jess!!!   I love my in-laws dearly, but wish they didn't live so far away.
When it was just Daniel and I - it was no big deal....but now it is so stressful for me and then the sleeping arrangements when we get there are not ideal and I am moody.  The kids don't sleep well because there are 3 other kids and people up at all hours.  So, it hurts me to say that my stress level is zero right now.  I can get all the Christmas decorations out and put the tree up and start decorating on Friday and Saturday.  I am pretty excited for this Holiday Season!!! 

Happy, our Elf on the Shelf, comes back on Friday and I am so excited because every year the kids understand a little more.  It also makes me a little sad that they are growing up.  Life is just too short and goes by in the blink of an eye. 

Black Friday - I'm thinking of going....but I need a plan and I need a specific list of things to get for people and a specific budget.  The townhouse is still vacant, so I need to get that rented ASAP...

Hope everyone has a good week.   I am working Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (from home).  Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

xo,
Kristen

No comments: