Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm on a roll...

I am trying to think of a list of things to do once this baby gets here...or better yet, a list of things not to do.  This idea for the list came to me this morning as I was complaining to my husband that our 2-year-old (almost - October 4th he will be 2) needs to sleep in his own bed because he was waking me up in the middle of the night and climbing all over me trying to get to a mole on my arm that he is obsessed with.  It used to be nipples - his, mine, Daniel's...thank goodness he stopped with the nipples, but clearly he likes bumps...
So, rule #1 for Emma - no sleeping in our bed - PERIOD!  As I said this, Daniel kind of chuckled and laughed because he knows that I love LOVE love breastfeeding in bed.  I think there is no better way for the baby (and Mommy) to get much needed rest.  So, this is going to be a tough one for me.  Are there things that you would want to re-do or do over with your kids?  One part of me says that they won't be little forever, and I really do like to cuddle and snuggle with them.   I love it when Elli asks me for some snuggles.  There is nothing that warms my heart more and I am more than willing to give in.  Ugh, I think my list is going to be more of a challenge than anything else.
On another note...I finished the book, One Day.  Anne Hathaway is in the movie that is based on the book.  I started reading it when Hurricane Irene hit and I wasn't that into it.  I finished it and was so MAD.  It has the WORST ending EVER.  I thought I wanted to see the movie, but based on reading the book, I will NOT go see the movie.  My brother, Michael, and his wife saw it this weekend and Michael said it was so SAD!  Obviously someone dies...but it was a really terrible ending and I will NOT go see the movie.  The ONLY good thing about the book, is that I really liked the main character's name - Dexter Mayhew.  I love the nickname Dex!  But, that is IT!!! 
I LOVE LOVE LOVED the book, The Help!  I finished this book in a little bit over a day, I couldn't put it down.  I am dying to see the movie too!!!  Anyone want to go and drag me with you??? 
This weekend, I also rented, Something Borrowed...which incidentally, I also bought the book, but have yet to read it.  It was a cute movie and I love Ginnifer Goodwin and Kate Hudson...not to mention the hot guy who is caught in the middle!  So, I will be starting this book as soon as I can.  I also downloaded the Kindle App for our (Daniel's) iPad, and bought Water for Elephants...anyone read the book??? 
Anyway, we had a fabulous weekend and there will be another post on that later this week!!!
TTFN! 
Have a great week - stay dry - it is supposed to rain all weekend here!  But, it is cool...which is nice!!!  My jeans have been calling me, I can still fit into my 8s!!!

No comments: